Sunday, May 2, 2010

Maryland Sheep and Wool


I had a great day at the festival. A very nice woman I met through Ravelry gave me a ride and we spent part of the day shopping together. I saw some cute and fuzzy animals, met some lovely knitting podcasters at their meet 'n' greet (and recieved an awesome goodie bag) and bought a fair amount of spinning fiber. Here are a few of my acquisitions:

I only bought one skein of yarn - tweedy sock yarn from Autumn House Farm. I am really not sure what I'm going to do with this yet...

Merino/Seacell pencil roving from Fiber Optic - I've never spun seacell or pencil roving so it's going to be exciting to spin. I'm thinking of making a single (unplied) yarn with this, something else I've never done.

Five ceramic buttons from Jennie the Potter. I loved these buttons when I saw them on Ysolda's blog and found some for myself in blue. I don't know what I'm going to use them for yet, but I think they're very special.

I bought a few other spinning fibers that you can view in my stash, and I'll post more about them when I spin them up.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, that's so fun! I can't wait to go to my first fiber show.

    ReplyDelete