Wednesday, September 7, 2011

My dog likes my knitting...but not in a good way


My boyfriend and I adopted a dog a little over a week ago - a two-year old rat terrier that we call Rupert. He's very sweet and is already very attached to us. He's been very interested in what I'm knitting, and yesterday he investigated my sweater-in-progress that I had left out on the coffee table.

Above shows the remnants of my size 7 bamboo circular needle and below is a tangled mess of Shelter in the Button Jar colorway that was being knit into the sleeves for a Shadow pullover.

It could have been much worse - my birthday present from my mom was a Addi-Click bamboo interchangeable needle set and all the needles are still unharmed in their charming green pleather case, and the yarn he investigated just needs to be untangled and was only broken in one place. But this does mean I need to get some more storage bins with lids for all my knitting.

But how can I stay mad at this face?

And I'll keep knitting. I have the front and back done already.

2 comments:

  1. Oh no! And of course he just had to attack all the good stuff, too. He should know better than to tamper with someone else's Shelter! Maybe it smelled sheepy? I knit one sweater with lanolin-rich yarn and my dog likes nothing better than to try to dig his way through it and roll all over the thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe it is the wooly smell. Yesterday I came home and found he had gotten into some spinning fiber and "drafted" it for me. Definitely buying plastic bins with lids!

    ReplyDelete